Sunday, January 25, 2009

Special weekend?

Is there something special about this weekend? Seems like there's an overabundance of homosexual-themed movies on television: "Prayers for Bobby"; an episode on ABC's  "According to Jim" entitled "Dress to Kill Me, about when his adolescent son, Kyle, wants to be Cinderella for Halloween; and another movie entitled, "Doing Time on Maple Drive." And, to top it off, there's a PSA from www.thinkb4youspeak.com starring Wanda Sykes, talking about the phrase, "That's so gay" which seems to be such a commonplace phrase in today's everyday conversation. 


Please understand: I have nothing against the struggle with the sin of homosexuality or those who struggle with it. I have always been opposed to the phraseology, "That's so gay" which has been prevalent for a number of years from the mouths of our high school teens. 


Is this weekend a product of an agenda by GLAAD? Or could it be some religious organisation's attempt to address this struggle? Unfortunately, I have YET to hear in any of our media's programming that homosexuality is NOT a congenital defect and an ACTUAL sin struggle, unlike any other sin struggle (lying, stealing, lust, idolatry).