Several months ago, I made the following settings on my Profile:
Basic Information:
Don't show my sex
No "Hometown"
No "Relationship Status"
No choice selected in "Interested in:"
No choice selected in "Looking for:"
No "Political Views"
I found the following NON-sexual advertising:
LStudio(dot)com
BlackBerry Curve for T-Mobile
Teach ESL overseas
CMI
ICR(dot)org
Weather 2.0 on BlackBerry
Obama Online Advertising
Flash Web Design
Taislim (weight loss)
Office Space Cast Reunion
iTunes movies
Jivox online video advertising
Relient K album (become a fan)
End your depression
MBG Expense Management
Socially Awkward Tees (t-shirts)
150 Million Active [Facebook] Users
Download Free Audiobook
Joost videos
Free Voice Demo Read
Univ. of Phoenix
Create your own cult wine
...
Now, here's what I have learned:
I do not depend on my Facebook account and profile to announce my personal relationships, political views or what I am looking for in a Facebook "relationship". That is what REAL FRIENDships are for (you know, those which are cultivated and nurtured through the such communication devices as the LAN line, cellphones, email and, my personal favorite, face-to-face conversation). My Facebook account is merely a communication device for those with whom I cannot make daily communication.
In addition to my settings, I don't have the immoral advertising either!
