Thursday, January 01, 2009

My Beautiful Friends

On December 23, 2008, I wrote the following in a Note entitled "Christmas Gifts 2008" on my Facebook:


In thinking over these past few weeks, I have discovered that I have received so MANY gifts from my friends that I thought it would be best to thank them publickly. So, here we go:


Cody Vaughan – for your warm friendship, encouraging words and brotherly love

Brian Condra – for your warm friendship, honesty and encouragement

Bryan Schlackman – for your sharing with me about www.Isobuds.com (what a great gift!)

Wayne Stiles -- your continued love, writing two books and taking my constructive criticisms with grace and dignity

Jonathan Jordan – your beautiful words in your Notes

Stephen Walsh -- for your encouragement and deep honesty

Daniel Davis – for sharing some of the most beautiful photography on Facebook (www.DanielDavisPhoto.com)

Alex and Brett Harris (for those not “in the know”, their twin brothers!) – for your hosting one of your Rebelution (www.TheRebelution.com) conferences in Plano where I got to attend and meet these two GREAT guys (and your recognizing me by name!)! 

John Farrar – your warm friendship and encouragement

Scott “Hungry Jack” Ayers – your consistent love and friendship

Phillip Bleecker – your consistent love and friendship

Stephen Myshrall – your compassion for me and your passion for Christ and His gospel


Now, this is a Note in progress, so...if I've left anyone out, don't get your feelings all hurt and outta joint! 


In light of this, tonight, while watching the movie, "Seven Pounds" (no, don't worry, I'm not about to do THAT!), I wondered if I had expressed my gratitude enough to my friends. 

I have wonderful friends, friends for whom I would give my life. They love me, each expressing it in their own unique way. While I so wish that I could introduce them all to each other in the same room, with life being as busy as it is, that would be next to impossible. So, in an effort to do so, over the next few weeks, I will blog about each of my friends listed above. 

May God continue to bless ALL of them more than they have blessed me!