Saturday, February 14, 2009

Open letter to Jason Illian about Tangle.com

Hi Jason,


I don't even remember from whom I heard of you, but alas, we are "friends" within Facebook and have been for several months now. 


Today, I noticed on Facebook's Home-->News Feed that you were "working on new features for the tangle.com site". So, I had to check it out. 


Jason, we've never met. I have been on Facebook for about two (?) years now, as have so many of my friends (the real friends, most of whom in which I walk in Christian community and with whom I worship at The Village Church in Highland Village, TX). Before I became a member of Facebook, I was "on" MySpace but, being 44 years old and Christian with principles, I found that particular "community" (noticed the quotation marks) application to be too busy visually and VERY alarmingly vulgar and just plain 'ole gross. Hence, my move to Facebook. And, somehow, along with me, MANY of my friends, also joined Facebook. 


I am VERY (okay, somewhat) computer savvy (not with hardware) but with applications. 


I have enjoyed the "community" (I used that word loosely in this particular context) within Facebook, despite the lack of video upload-ability (or do they have that?). Anyway, whenever I've wanted to share a video (not very often!), I goto my YouTube account. 


During this time, I have also found GodTube and registered, creating an account. Unfortunately, I am embarrassed to say, I didn't do a whole lot with the application. Bro, PLEASE forgive me, for not supporting you in this effort! 


NOW, the purpose of this message: My question to you, the CSO of GodTube (and now, Tangle), is: Why should I move from Facebook to Tangle? Yes, I'm a kinda pros/cons list guy. Basically, I want you to pitch me Tangle. Impress me, sell me. 


I look forward to hearing from you soon.