Saturday, February 28, 2009

ICOC Notation 2

Today, while watching the movie, "Karate Kid", the character, Mr. Miyagi, said something I had thought about but hadn't know just the quite words to put it in. He said, "No such thing bad student. Only bad teacher. Teacher say, student do." 


For a while now, I have been thinking about the ICOC and its beginning. I have begun to wonder if, at the beginning, someone had a sincere desire to reach the world with the saving power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They looked at the (still) current slowness of the Restoration Movement's Evangelism Explosion and "lifestyle evangelism" and thought that, if a faster and more "effective" (sarcastic quotation marks) method could be used, then perhaps, the world might be won. 


Unfortunately, something went wrong, TERRIBLY wrong! Fallen man, in HIS wisdom, began placing controlling mechanisms within their teaching, thus perverting the love and grace of the teachings of Jesus Christ. 


Bad teachers created bad students. 


Now, the Reformation Movement is completely different. With my continued  learning and understanding of Calvinism, predestination/election, grace and progressive sanctification,