Saturday, November 14, 2009

Muslim or Terrorist?

This past week, I had a conversation with a professor from my alma mater and discussed a mindset that I had formulated over the past few days.

I haven't read the Quran, I'm not a Muslim, but a Christian who has a firm belief that Jesus IS the ONLY way to God.

Twenty-one years ago, I was invited to join and became a part of a religious sect* called the International Churches of Christ (see my videos and watch ALL 7 parts!) which had originally broken away from the Crossroads Church of Christ in FL. Now, having broken off from the Church of Christ, they were separated from that denomination and were NO LONGER being held accountable for their actions and teachings by the leadership of the Church of Christ! And, whenever interviewed by the news media, the separation was far enough removed so that there was no misunderstanding or confusion with their (the ICOC) former affiliation with the Church of Christ.

Like the ICOC, the extremist radical groups like those who attacked the United States on September 11, 2001, might have at one time held onto the original Muslim faith, they are an EXTREMIST group. Because they have taken such an extreme and violent view of their faith, they have separated themselves from the majority of peaceful Muslims you see on television and on the streets of our country.

I have extreme difficulty in believing that we as Americans should hold ALL Muslims and those who have decided to accept that religion as their own, for the vicious atrocities that have been conducted by the extremist radical groups.

When I read of the apostle Paul's original affiliation with the Pharisees (as Saul), he was a radical. But when he came to know Christ, he CHANGED! Again, please understand: I do NOT believe that EVERY person who has decided to accept Islam as their own, is a terrorist. Nor do I believe that they should be treated as such UNTIL they have shown motive otherwise! "Innocent until proven guilty!"

*A "sect" is defined as "a group regarded as heretical or as deviating from a generally accepted religious tradition" (dictionary.com).