In June, 2000, after twelve years of living in the captivity of the International Churches of Christ where abusive discipleship reigns over grace, mercy and progressive sanctification, through the intervention of Divine Providence*, I was introduced to a great place of healing where the gospel is preached, lived and practiced by people who are broken, imperfect and fallen.
Over the course of several weeks which turned into months, I began learning a lot about myself and my issues. Through the love and concern of two good very good friends**, I got the counseling I so desperately needed and have become more whole (not completely healed!) because of it.
For many years, I had a fear of revealing this place of worship and healing, for fear that it might paint a target for the enemies of the gospel from which I had escaped and endangering my loved ones there. I have prayed over it, wondered, contemplated and then consulted a few friends and with their wise counsel, have decided that, if I truly trusted God's sovereignty, then He would take care of me and my/His Bride.
So, what and where is this place? Her name is The Village Church (Check out her Website http://www.thevillagechurch.net) , located in Highland Village, Texas.
*Lord God Almighty
**Scott Ayers and Phillip Bleecker
