Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A Voting Mistake

Have you ever suddenly had that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach when you've realized that you might have made a major blunder of a mistake? Even worse, the sudden feeling when you realize that that same mistake cannot be reversed (like in the same category of sending an email and not being able to recall it, or saying hurtful words and not being able to take them back)?

Well, I have had the feeling ALL day that I might have cast my vote prematurely, even after all the research I had done. I feel like I might have betrayed my faith in voting for someone who, despite their age and messages of "hope" and "change", had such platforms as pro-choice (AKA choosing between unborn babies living or being murdered) and same-gender marriage.

Dear God, please forgive me for voting with my head instead of my heart. The decision was so heavy and difficult . . . PLEASE cause McCain and Palin to win and PLEASE help me to pray for not only them but their leadership over the next four years!